Sunday, June 25, 2006

Day 2 of Japan




Well I was woken up by some banging going on in the hall way..... The cleaners "hint" that I should get up and out so that they could do my room I guess..
So I got up, checked mail to see who read my blog ;-) (happy Elma sent me a mail and Danielle left a comment...)
Dressed and went to the gym. Ran for 21 minutes without stopping on the treadmill!!!! New record for me.... then walked for 2 minutes and ran the last 7 so I was totally happy with myself.

After having a shower and getting dressed I went down to see if Erwin (UPC trainer) had arrived yet. No not yet. OKAY then off I go. Asked the lady at reception what the best way to walk would be to get to Electric City (yip they have a whole section of the town dedicated to things like computers, tv's etc... She laughed and said it would be better to take the metro....
Hmmmmm okay which one? G line. That sound doable. So off to the metro station just outside the hotel!

The walk to G line metro was 300 meters underground, I have never seen such a CLEAN subway before in my life. No graffitti, no rubish even though there was also no rubish bins in sight. Then buy a ticket. Now there is a challenge. It's all in Japanese. YIP ahhhhhhh wait I see a machine and it has a button that says ENGLISH, I'm saved.
Now which ticket to take? I have NO IDEA, so to play it safe I buy a one day ticket.
In the metro (CLEAN) I take a seat the next station it on a board so you can see exactly where you will stop next very cool.

Out of the subway I walk towards the electric city. Loads of shops with camera's and computer and tv's. I went into one shop that was 7 floors up and 2 floors down, 9 floors of GAMES I have never seen so many computer games in my life. They also had the dolls that go with the games unreal.
Next shop was a computer shop. There I bought a web cam so now I can see Jos, Riley and Caden when I call and they can see me. Very cool. I also bought a iPod, it was 80 euro's cheaper then in holland and I couldn't resist. Jos will not be impressed (sorry honey, I love you but I need the music for my running).
Walking back towards the metro I took some time to look at the people. They are strange, there are halls that have only grabbing machines you know the types that you find at a fair where you can drop some money in and then direct a arm to grab a toy and hope that you get it but mainly it misses. Not one but hundereds and they are all try to get something out of them.

I was back at the hotel at 14.00, Erwin had arrived so we had something to drink together and at 16.00 I went up for a reflexology and facial.

At 18.00 went out for a walk around the hotel, the houses here that are stuffed inbetween all the HUGE buildings are small, the streets are grey. It's not my kind of place. I don't know where the problem is. New York is also a big City, with dirty streets etc but I loved New York, Tokyo I don't like to much yet. Maybe it's because I was in New York with Jos.
Well I have 3 more days in Tokyo maybe I will find some stuff that I do think is cool. I'll keep you posted.

Tomorrow I go to the UPC office here to set up the computers and then the afternoon I can walk around some more.

Good Night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I-Pod...!!!!!??! I am sooo gonna call u now!!! grrrrrr
;-)
Jos

D@nielle said...

haha so I can see what Jos thought of the i-pod... How adventourus of u to get on the metro hihi who knows where you could have ended up. Yeah on the running ! And good you bought a webcam, now you're so set over there ! So how was the reflexology and the facial ? And why are those girls dressed like dolls ? Oh and how is the food ? BTW thanks for sharing your adventure, grts, D@nielle => @ home with the flu :-(