Thursday, June 29, 2006

Japan and Australia



Well I arrived in Australia this morning and it was COLD 7 degrees....
I was happy to leave Japan. The training went well and the evaluations were good but it is just not my country. You would think it's organised but it's not.
They have more starbucks places then in New York. A vending machine on every street corner. A smoking section on the streets wher you can sit/stand and smoke..... Very funky toilets.
We took the bus to the airport that was a lot cheaper then a taxi (wish I knew that on the way there) Got to the airport early so that Erwin could see if it was possible to still get a first class ticket but it was FULL. I finaly managed to find postcard so I bought 3 and quickly wrote them to my guys....
The flight to Australia was okay, we left on time and arrived on time but I was unable to sleep even though I had a chair that could lay flat.... VERY COOL, I watched 3 movies and waited to land.
Got to the hotel checked in (had to wait for my room) once the room was sorted we walked over to the Aus Star office where I will be giving the training tomorrow. We could not set up because there was a meeting going on, so we could come back at 17 or come in early in the morning, they said that it would proberly be beter to come early and that it was not a good idea to leave the laptops in the board room over night. So we walked to toward Darling Harbour (close to our hotel) On the way we came across some amazing birds HUGE. In the parking lot.... UNREAL soooooo COOOOOOOL. We had some lunch outside in the sun I think it is now about 20 degrees with the sun out (it's winter time here) This place really reminds me of RSA I love it here already and I have only been here a couple of hours. Jos I think you should see what shell has in Australia and I will find out if Hyperion here needs trainers;-)))
I can't take the smile off my face it is sooooooo cool here. Erwin is really lucky cos his girlfriend arrives tonight and then after the training they are here for another 2 weeks holiday.

IMPORTANT NEWS: Jossie's Birthday today..... Happy Birthday Honey I love you loads and miss you loads really wish you could be here with me now!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha die Wendy,
Gefeliciteerd met Jos. Ik dacht dat ik een comment aan het achterlaten was, maar het was een e-mail (kun je dus ook nog lezen).
Leuke Weblog. We missen je, dus kom maar snel weer terug. Groetjes Elma, Sarah en Martien

Anonymous said...

elma en pa zijn net weg, wij gaan nu ook. We hebben jos een nieuw boek gegeven, dus je kan nog even blijven in Australiƫ:-))
Elma heeft ook nog een nieuwe webcam meegenomen, dus tijdens het bellen hebben jullie weer scherpzicht. Doei!