Monday, May 12, 2008

Oman

Well to-day was my last day in Oman, tomorrow morning early (4am I need to go to the airpoort) so after the training, I dropped off my stuff at the hotel and went to the bazaar.

It was cool just walking around they have some stunning roof top's. I was taking some photo's of it and got talking to one of the local's. Nice guy. He told me that there were 85 glass windows in the roof and that it took them the longest to make. He was saying there are mountains about 3 hours from here and while it is now 45 degree here now it would be about 17 in the mountains.

hmmmmmmm He had a spice stall (actually his dad's) had been in the family for generations. He had a chilli spice mix (really good) and a thyme mix. He showed me how to prepare the thyme mix for meat or fish, warm it in your hand and then add to food, or oil really cool. I could also use it to make tea. Supposed to relax you.... I will test it when I get home ;-)

Now I will pack and get ready for the next training.......

Laters


2 comments:

D@nielle said...

wow those windows are amazing. Hmmm can't wait to come over to dinner LOL

Jossie said...

Funky!
I'm sure you bought some spices to test the bite at home.. :-o