Sunday, May 11, 2008

some shots from Muscat

I arrived here on saturday morning. After a sleep I went to see the Saltan's palace. I never knew but Oman is the harbour where Sinbad, came from.


The palace is surrounded by 4 gates. Really pretty....After that I went to the bazar, where I bought some beautiful little bottle of parfume. The make / have all sorts here.

Then to bed. To-day I went to the office to make sure that the connection and beamer was working. Loaded the sim player on to the laptops.
Here they close everything between 12 and 16.30 and then open from 16.30 to about 22.30.

So when I finished at 16 everything was just opening ;- )

So I took a walk along the beach, then had a coffee at Starbucks

A taxi to the Grand Moskee (where I couldn't go in but I have the photo's from outside)

Then the drive talked me into going to muscat center. I figured yeah you know what why not, I have time and it would be nice to take some nice photo's of the city centrum........

So off we go. Here we are madam.........

(I thinking...... so where are the buildings, the bazaar????) So I ask. Center ? Yes big shopping mall is the center...... OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Not what i was expecting or wanted but ok maybe it won't be too bad.

Picture Amstelveen mall but then bigger and Arabs walking around.....
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm no not to-day!

Walk back to the taxi ( he would wait for me) I had left a Starbuck mug in the car, cos Caroline saves them. I didn't feel like taking it in. Deal we waits and I will come back. He give his cell number so that I can call him. An hour later I have really had enough of Zara, Sunglasses hut etc. So I head back to the taxi. He was not there...... I phone get the message that his phone is switched off! hmmmm okay walk around and look to see if i could find him. Nope, 15 min later I phone again Still switched off! Hmmmmmmmmm wait another 5 min. okay the is not cooooooooooooool. I am hungry and tired and I want to go back to my hotel. 1 more call. NO LUCK. so i wrote him a note and took another cab. Caroline i hope I get your mug back, but if I don't I'm sorry!!!!!!

Tomorrow I teach again. but for now here are some images of Muscat, Sultanate of Oman















1 comment:

Jossie said...

baby... you and your endeavors... gigi..
be careful please though!!?!
Cool pickies again!!! curious about the whole lot!
kissie