Saturday, May 10, 2008

photo's and more



Oh my goodness, what a nightmare to get out of India. Internet check in Never heard of it!!!!!!




1 hours drive to the airport, and then in the que to get you luggage that is going in cargo scanned. I know why....... The other day they found a person in a suitcase! Seriously..... he has been smuggled to some where it was in Hindi so i couldn't follow but you saw them taking him out of the suitcase and he was weak etc. So after that again in the que to check in. Then in the que to go through immigration (I understand why you need to be there at least 2 hours in advance.) I did not have to take my laptop out of the bag, and men go one side women otherside (less women so that went reasonably quickly.) Then a new row for the passpoort check. On the tags of my bag I got a stamp, 2twice one at each place and in my passpoort..... Then FINALLY through and wait for the plane. Advantage was I didn't have to wait too long. We were half an hour late.

The plane was PACKED and te smell welllllllllllll Luckily it was only 2 and 1/2 hour flight.

Arrived in Oman, okay lets get the visa. Madam that will be 6 rial, okay can I pay with credit card I don't have any cash. Sure no problem. Visa .... in the machine hmmmmm NOPE dosn't work, and now???? Can I pin somewhere? Yes after passport control. hahahahahaha......

Well Jos always laughs at me cos I keep secret stashes of cash (hiden in pocket etc) I had already used the stash I had for India cos there they didn't have a ATM at the airpoort either;-( So I start to go through all my pockets etc and YES I have 15 euro's still. That is enough! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH. So visa in hand I can go through. THe taxi is waiting and luckily already paid for by APM so that helps.

Walked outside and the HEAT hit me! WOW now this is HOT. I was still in Indian mode so imagen my surprise at the fact the all the roads are paved and there are BEAUTIFUL lamp posts, and buildings, no shacks along the road. Totally opposite!

Got to the hotel (expecting less extravagance then in India, cos the Hotel in India was REALLY upperclass) I was wrong. Huge rooms stunning view and QUIET! I didn't think I would have missed the quiet as much as I had. When they drive here the don't hoot! there is no need there is enough space and they all have stunning cars. After talking to Jos and the boys, I went for a walk along the beach. Had lunch next to the pool (under the umbrella) then went to ask the reception where the "good" spots were. They said that everything would be closed till 16.30. Hmmmmmm

Okay that was my excuse. I went back to my room and slept till 16.15. Guess i really needed it.

Once I woke up I took a cab to the palace and the surrounding fort, took some picture and then went to the BAzaar. WOW now I kinda wish I had come here before going to India! They have loads of shawls (cheaper) and lots of other fun stuff. I got the boys Oman football shirts.

Then took the cab back to the hotel. Just had a lovely dinner. They do not worship cows here so I could have a STEAK, with veggies.YUM. I love curry but after a week of only curry I enjoyed the "normal"food again.
Now I will look for some photo's to post.

No comments: